A Fantastic Taco Casserole It Is Indeed! Recipe Review and Share!

I wanted to try something new for dinner tonight, and my kids wanted tacos but I wanted something different than the usual taco night, so I looked up taco recipes with a spin and found this "Fantastic Taco Casserole" By Leilani so all the credit goes to her!

I never had thought of making this before and it was so easy! I had everything for it and it was quick to prepare! I thought I would share the recipe with you all so here it is below and feel free to leave a comment if you try it or if you like it and also feel free to check out the website and her profile and let her know you tried it.

Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Servings: 7-9

INGREDIENTS:

1 lb ground beef

1 (1 1/4 ounce package of taco seasoning

1 (15 ounce) can refried beans

2 cups Monterey jack cheese, divided. Or you can use cheddar or cheddar jack, etc

1 cup salsa - I used mild as did she.

2 chopped green onions (optional)

1 (2 1/3 ounce) can of sliced olives

1 tomato, chopped (I just used the tomatoes in the salsa)

2 cups corn chips (coarsely crushed or chopped)

DIRECTIONS:

Set oven to 375 degrees.

Cook beef and drain.

Stir in water and taco sauce, according to package.

Put corn chips on bottom of 8x8" dish, or whatever dish you decide to use.

Cook refried beans on stove until hot.

Add 1 cup of cheese and 1 cup of salsa. Stir until combined.

Pour beans over corn chips in dish.

Add beef to top of beans.

Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.

Sprinkle green onions (if you use them) and black olives over cheese.

Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Take out of oven and sprinkle chopped tomatoes on top, if you use them.

Wait 1-2 minutes to cool, then serve.


Let me know how you liked it!
My kids and hubby were definitely surprised and they LOVED it!

***This was not my recipe. I just tried it and loved it and wanted to share it.***

Here's the link again to this recipe online for you to look at, save, or share!

http://www.food.com/fantastic-taco-casserole-155186

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Crown Coast Heavy Duty Umbrella found on AMAZON

Freebie FAQs: How to Get Stuff For Free!

Give yourself a spa like experience at home with SAPO Bamboo Charcoal Soap